Anna Mendoza, Hannah Thompson, and Nicole Oyler
In 1261, Louis IX gave a church along the Seine river to the mendicant order of the Friars of the Sack. By 1274, the then abandoned building was re-inhabited by Augustinian Friars. Like many other religious structures, the building was demolished in the wake of the French Revolution in the late 18th century. This paper outlines the digital reconstruction efforts made by a team of UCLA students to restore this building to its 13th-century state. After extensive research, the students were able to build a floorpan, walls, roof, windows, and some interior structures using Vectorworks. The process of digitally rebuilding this destroyed 13th-century mendicant church revealed new insight into the building’s medieval construction phases and construction processes of the Middle Ages at large. Read more about this subject by the Digital Gothic Team here.